Winter is here and the cold winds, dry air and central heating, can take it’s toll on your skin. It can cause your skin to feel tight, dry and flaky . Here’s some tips and beauty essentials you need for this Winter, to help your skin look and feel great.
1. Staying hydrated is important for your skin, as it is the largest organ of your body. It’s mostly made up of water and it won’t function at it’s best without it. Drinking lot’s of water flushes out the toxins from your body, which helps to improve complexion, boasts healthy skin and helps with skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
2. Central heating can be the most damaging to our skin during the winter. Sleep with the heating off at night and set a timer for the morning before you wake up as the heating can dry the moisture from your skin.
3. Keep your skin nourished. Hydrating masks and oils can help your skin from dehydrating. Using the right products on your skin, can keep your skin looking fresh.
4. The all-important SPF. Use a day moisturiser or face cream with SPF all year round to protect your skin from harmful sun rays. Even though the UVA is weaker in the Winter, it can still cause premature aging, wrinkles and damage to your skin. Don’t forget the lips! It’s often overlooked. Invest in a lip balm, such as Elizabeth Arden Eight hour cream lip balm with SPF 20 to stop chapped lips.
5. Moisturise your hands. Our hands are often neglected and it’s often where the first signs of aging appears. Our hands are our tools and we use them to carry out our daily tasks. The skin on the back of the hand is thinner, so it tends to dry out quicker, especially in the Winter. Keep a hand cream with SPF in your bag, so that you can moisturise your hands throughout the day and a hand cream without SPF by your bedside table for the evening.
6. The lack of sunlight can cause dark circles and bags under the eyes. Vitamin C builds collagen and makes the skin more elastic and resilient.
7. A face mist or spray adds moisture to the skin, which can be sprayed on throughout the day and on top of your makeup. It can provide an instant energy boast and improve the overall health to your skin.